Allen earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Mississippi. He was elected to numerous honor societies and served as Vice-President and Rush Chairman for his fraternity. Allen was also on the Dean’s and Chancellor’s Honor Rolls while attending Ole Miss. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Mississippi College School of Law.
Allen has spent nearly two decades representing and fighting for those who have been injured or killed due to the negligence of another individual or corporation. Allen is a fierce and skilled trial advocate who has litigated in State and Federal Courts throughout the United States.
Allen opened the Smith Law Firm, PLLC in 2007. Since that time he has obtained over $200 million in trial verdicts and recovered over $100 million in settlements in products liability and personal injury cases. Allen’s accolades include the following:
- Public Justice nominated Allen for the National Trial Lawyer of the Year for 2016. There were only 5 finalist for this honorary for 2016.
- Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association named Allen 2015 “Trial Lawyer of the Year”
- Martindale Hubble® has rated Allen as AV Preeminent®, signifying the “Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards. . . The AV Preeminent Rating is the pinnacle of professional excellence earned through a strenuous Peer Review Rating process that is managed and monitored by the world’s most trusted legal resource. Martindale-Hubble.”
- Best Lawyers® selected Allen for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America®.
- Best Lawyers® selected Allen for inclusion in the Top Attorneys in Mississippi in the area of Products Liability Litigation®. Allen was recognized for excellence by peers in the legal community for this award as a result of an impressive record in professional achievement and ethical standards.
- US News and World Report and Best Lawyers® named Smith Law Firm to its list of ‘Best Law Firms for 2017’. Firms included in this list are recognized for professional excellence with persistently impressive ratings from clients and peers.
- Thompson-Reuters selected Allen for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers® whereby each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. This honor is reserved for only 5% of attorneys in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee respectively.
- The National Trial Lawyers® named Allen in its list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, Top Trial Lawyers in America®, selected Allen for lifetime membership because of million and multi-million dollar trial verdicts obtained by Allen on behalf of his clients. The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Fewer than 1% of United States lawyers qualify to be a member of this organization.
- Distinguished Justice Advocates selected Allen for membership. Members of this organization represent the top 1% of the most recognized and accomplished attorneys in America.
- “Elite Lawyers of America” selected Allen for lifetime membership. Allen is a Platinum Member signifying that he is in the most elite group of America’s civil trial attorneys. Platinum Membership attorneys have 10 or more trial results of over $2 million dollars on behalf of clients.
- Allen is a lifetime member of the Mississippi Trial Lawyers Association, and was elected and served on its Board of Governors.
- Allen was selected and served on the Unauthorized Practice of Law committee for the Mississippi Bar Association.
- Allen has been selected by the Attorney General of the State of Mississippi to represent Mississippi against corporations that have violated the Mississippi Consumer Protection Act and injured the citizens of Mississippi.
- Allen’s cases and verdicts have been the subject of numerous local and national news reports. Allen has also served as a guest speaker on television programs discussing and answering questions on various legal topics. Allen has been regularly requested and has given seminars on products liability litigation.
- Allen is licensed to practice law in Mississippi, and Arkansas, as well as the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Allen and his wife Geribeth, have three children, Robert Allen, Davis, and Peyton and reside in Ridgeland, Mississippi. Allen and his family are members of St. James’ Episcopal Church.
Contact the Smith Law Firm, PLLC
We offer a private consultation to discuss your legal needs and concerns. Contact us by e-mail or call our office at 601-952-1422 (toll free at 866-952-1422) to arrange a meeting. We accept referrals from other attorneys.